Friday, December 25, 2009

Holiday Mommy

\Welcome to my blog. Is that how one begins? To date, I am not a blog follower, so I am not sure if this is the proper way to begin. However, since I am a woman with little time and of little patience for the nitty gritty of things, I figured I would just jump right in and hope for the best.

I prefer not to disclose the intimate details of my life so that I can have some freedom to air my mommy tales without judgement from those who may know me. Here is what you need to know about me:

  • I am a mom of two living in a major metropolitan area;
  • My children are less than two years apart (yes, this was on purpose!);
  • I am in my late thirties;
  • I have a pretty intense part time job, however I am on extended maternity leave;
  • I have a wonderful husband who travels frequently for work (if you are clever, you realize that is why I am on my computer on Christmas eve!)
Why blog you ask? Well, why not? While I am supposed to be bonding with my beautiful baby girl as I nurse her, wondering how one could possibly eat a zillion times in one day, I have numerous thoughts that flood my head on mommy-hood. Some of these I will discuss in my mommy circles, but some... well, even though I have a hard time controlling myself most times, I shouldn't say everything that I think. Right?
Enough with the introduction....

Santa came to visit our children yesterday since we knew my husband would more than likely be out of town today and tomorrow. And of course, it was joyous to witness my two year old's indoctrination to the greed that comes with Christmas. But truly, this tired mommy would have been happy to watch it on the video camera after the fact if I just could have snoozed a little bit longer.

No, I am not a completely heartless woman. I'm just tired. Yes, I know, every mommy is tired, but we're all entitled to whine a bit, right?

Anyway, I did do lots of fun holiday stuff with the kids and enjoyed it. But oh... the cries of two!!! Just what I wanted for Christmas! I will continue tomorrow!!!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment